Saturday, September 24, 2016

My culture has always been a big a part of my life. My mom being born in Mexico and raising me here is somewhat of a struggle. Since my mom speaks Spanish and hasn't learned English it's hard for the both of us because there I are I'd like to tell her something but don't know how to explain it. My mom prefers my sister and I speaking Spanish in the house but we mostly speak English to each other. It's really disappointing that I'm actually not good with speaking Spanish because I'm so used to speaking English all the time and I even speak English to my mom. There are times when I just can't say what I want to say in Spanish so I just say it English. Then again it's okay because it also helps my mom learn a lot more English because she's very good at understanding it. I'm proud to be Mexican though and to do all the things I can. I'm happy that Spanish is my first language(even though I'm not good) and speaking two languages in general.

4 comments:

  1. hi carolina, i want to know if you don't have any problem with your mom about speaking english and spanish

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi carolina, i want to know if you don't have any problem with your mom about speaking english and spanish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Fatima, no my mom has no problem with me speaking both languages to her. My mom understands English but doesn't speak it, so it's okay between us.

      Delete