Friday, October 21, 2016

Music

Since I'm from San Jose,CA I grew up on a certain kind of music. Also, since San Jose is in the Bay Area that's where most of my music taste comes from. I listen to mostly rap and hip pop music. I like to listen to different kinds of rap, for example Bay Area rap from the 1990's and early 2000's is my one of my favorites. I also really enjoy the rap music from now like Drake, French Montana, YG, A$AP Rocky, and lots more others. To be honest my favorite kind of rappers will always be from the Bay Area. My favorite rapper is from the Bay. There's a lot of influence from the Bay Area rappers to the rappers from today. A good example of this is the song For Free by Drake and Dj Khaled, in the beginning of the song the lyrics are "I go on and on...Can't understand how I lasted so long, I must have the superpowers Last 223 thousand hours." This part of the song was originally from a song called "Blow the whistle" by a rapper named Too Short from they Bay.

    Even though my heart is always to the Bay music I still like rap from today. Sure a lot of rap from now isn't as good from back then, I still like it. What I mean by that is most rap from now doesn't have lyrics that mean something like the ones back then. Still, there are rappers that make good lyrical songs. Also, there are rappers that make good catchy songs. One rapper, French Montana is also from Morocco. One song I like from him is "No shopping " featuring Drake. (clean version)  I recommend you listen to it if you don't mind a little bit of bad words. Okay well hope you enjoyed my thoughts on my favorite kind of music.


1 comment:

  1. hii carolina , i also like drake and i will listen to your favorite music .

    ReplyDelete